- Examination: annually for prevention of diseases
- Vaccinations: annually
- Dental Care: Dogs should receive professional dental care by age 2 to 3 years. Dental care can include oral examination, deep cleaning, dental radiography, polishing and extraction. Regular cleaning can help reduce internal diseases.
- Surgery: Laser surgery uses laser light to remove diseased tissues or treat bleeding blood vessels.
- Digital Radiography: X-rays, properly termed radiographs are taken with the latest digital technology.
- Ultrasound: Non-invasive imaging technique that allows internal body structures to be seen by recording echoes or reflections of ultrasonic waves.
- Endoscopy: Less invasive surgical method of viewing internal organs and tissue.
- Stem Cell Therapy: Stem Cell Therapy is an exciting new method to treat degenerative joint disease (arthritis) in pets. A portion of patients fat cells are surgically removed and then processed. The patient's own activated stem cells are then injected back into the pet intravenously or into a specific joint.
- Microchip: A microchip is applied through a needle and is smaller than a grain of rice. This “chip” can be scanned and provides pet identification.
- Nutritional Counseling: Nutritional counseling will provide you a healthy dietary plan for your pet’s specific needs. Ask us about Royal Canin, Purina Prescription and Hills Prescription Diet pet foods.
- Pharmacy: We have a complete pharmacy and are able to mail you medications or have them available within the clinic to save you time!
Small Animal Veterinary Services
We at Dowlen Road strive to offer your pet the services it needs through all stages of life. We perform examinations, surgery, and laboratory testing. We can utilize endoscopy, digital radiography, ultrasonography, and dental radiography. We perform soft-tissue surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, and utilize laser equipment in appropriate surgical procedures.
Surgeries we routinely perform are ovariohysterectomy or spay, castration or neuter, cesarean section, mass removals, intestinal foreign body removal, bladder cystotomies, fracture repairs, and some operations that are a real mouthful to say, such as "extracapsular cruciate fixation with lateral patellar ligament imbrication."
The doctors attend continuing education seminars to be state-of-the-art practitioners.
Exotic Animal Veterinary Services
In addition to your typical domestic pets, DRVC treats many exotic animals and their unique healthcare needs.
Birds, reptiles, guinea pigs, rabbits, rats, nonvenomous snakes and ferrets are all welcome at DRVC to receive the best in exotic veterinary services and care from our specially-trained exotics veterinarians and technicians. Our array of exotic veterinary services have grown with the increasing popularity of exotic pets. Your reptiles, birds, small mammals, or fish may be a bit more unique and unusual than the cats and dogs your neighbors own, but that doesn’t mean you must sacrifice receiving the highest standard of veterinary care!
We have performed surgery on chickens, radiographs on macaws, dentals on rabbits, castrations on oppossums, even exploratory surgery on a tiger. We treat sugar gliders, chameleons, hamsters, rats, serval cats, tortoises, and more. So let us know if your pocket pets or reptile have a need!
Boarding and Hospitalization -- Small Animals
We offer boarding / hospitalization for dogs and cats and exotics. For dogs, we provide air-conditioned runs and enclosures and walking in a fenced-in exercise yard.
For felines, we have custom cat condos with window viewing of the outdoors. The spacious and comfortable condos have separate facilities for their private needs.
For exotics, we recommend that you provide their own home so they can have all their own creature comforts.
Upon your arrival, you will be asked to choose among:
- dietary preferences,
- medication schedule, if needed,
- bathing with our jacuzzi-like hydrosurge bather,
- nail trimming, or other requests,
- extra activities, such as ball-tossing, extra walking, brushing, etc.
- Veterinarians are on-site should any medical condition arise.
Professional pet grooming is not simply a luxury, but a tool for overall health. Our talented and highly skilled groomers are trained to identify skin conditions, external parasites and dental concerns. A healthy outside contributes to a strong inside. Your pet will leave feeling and looking their very best.
We offer luxury baths and professional grooming. Our professional grooming services are offered by independent groomer that provides services from Dowlen Road Veterinary Center for your convenience.
Let us know how we can pamper your pet by calling us at (409) 860-4386.
Grooming Form (Not required if just a bath)
Pet Memorial and Cremation
Should you suffer the loss of your pet, we can help ease the burden of finding a final resting place. We offer the only cremation facility with in 100 miles. We are proud to offer this special service that has touched so many lives. Come by the clinic to see our full selection of beautiful wooden and marble urns, and yard markers.
Boarding and Hospitalization -- Large Animals
We have expanded our 48 acre Falconwood facility in Winnie to include an air-conditioned exam/treatment room for horses. We have a camera surveillance system in order to observe your horse 24 hours a day. We have a digital radiograph system, ultrasound and can perform laboratory diagnostics. We perform castrations, mass removals, lameness examinations, mare care and reproduction breeding with both fresh and frozen semen. We have a stem cell machine with PRP capability.
We offer overnight stabling as well as monthly boarding at our Falconwood location in Winnie, Texas. The facility is a 48 acre farm with a covered arena, stadium arena, and dressage ring. There are cross-country jumps.
A veterinarian is on-site. Give us a call today at 409-296-9811